Shiretoko GOKO lakes and
Whale watching Course in RAUSU
Persons who is 7 years old or more can join this tour.
1st JUN to 25th SEP
1st JUN - 20th JUL, 26th AUG - 25th SEP
(Excludes 18th and 24th SEP)
9:00 - Whale watching course in RAUSU.
14:40 - Shiretoko five lakes tour.
21th JUL - 25th AUG
8:40 - Shiretoko five lakes tour.
14:00 - Whale watching course in RAUSU.
*There is no pick-up service for this tour.
*When the course canceled by bad condition, your tour become only SHIRETOKO five lakes tour, and payment also change to JPY 5,100 par person / JPY 2,600 par child.
*The turn of the morning and the afternoon might be changes depending on status.
1. In Shiretoko Goko rule, The ground pathway route is one-way. Except a brown bear encounter, You cannot retrace it.
2. The pathway will be closed for safety if a bear appears in the area.
3. We do the guide tour rain or shine. Please bring rain wear and rain boots for just in case.(there is no rental boots and wear.)
4. The tour might be cancelled or discontinued because of the bad weather condition.
5. The sweet fragrance induces a bee and a brown bear. Please don't bring any food. You can bring only water and non-sweet tea.
6. Since food can attract bears, food is not allowed unless it is stored in a sealed plastic bag or similar container.Food must also not be consumed at this time. When these rules are not adhered to, offenders are subject to punishment under the Natural Parks Law.
7. Please refrain from consuming alcohol immediately before the tour, and refrain from consuming alcohol, smoking during the tour.
8. Pregnant women may not join this tour.
9. Please refrain from using cell phones during the walk.
10. About morning tour. Accommodation for the night prior to this tour must be a hotel in the Utoro area. Participants will be picked up from their hotel 10 to 15 minutes prior to the tour. Pick-up service is handled by Shiretoko Naturalist's Association.