Shiretoko GOKO Lakes Guide walk
< 5/10-7/31 Bears Active Season >
8:30-11:30 / 9:30-12:30 / 10:00- 13:00
13:30-16:30 / 14:30-17:30 / 15:30-18:30
< 8/1-11/8 Plant protection period >
8:40-11:30 / 14:40-17:40
Total 3 hours
Persons who is 7 years old or more can join this tour.
1. you will walk about 3 km and it takes about 3 hours.
2. In Shiretoko Goko rule, The ground pathway route is one-way. Except a brown bear encounter, You cannot retrace it.
3. The pathway will be closed for safety if a bear appears in the area.
4. Shiretoko GOKO(Five) Lakes have the restriction of the number of entry. So meeting time would be informed after the tour has been confirmed.
5. We do the guide tour rain or shine. Please bring rain wear and rain boots for just in case.(there is no rental boots and wear.)
6. The tour might be cancelled or discontinued because of the very bad weather condition.
7. The sweet fragrance induces a bee and a brown bear. Please don't bring any food. You can bring only water and non-sweet tea.
8. Since food can attract bears, food is not allowed unless it is stored in a sealed plastic bag or similar container.Food must also not be consumed at this time. When these rules are not adhered to, offenders are subject to punishment under the Natural Parks Law.
9. Please refrain from consuming alcohol immediately before the tour, and refrain from consuming alcohol, smoking during the tour.
10. Pregnant women may not join this tour.
11. Please refrain from using cell phones during the walk.
12. About morning tour. Accommodation for the night prior to this tour must be a hotel in the Utoro area. Participants will be picked up from their hotel 10 to 15 minutes prior to the tour. Pick-up service is handled by SHINRA.
13. From 2011, visitation rules for the ground pathway at the Shiretoko goko lakes change and vary with the period of the visit.In Bear aware season(May 10 to July 31), visitors can walk along the ground pathway by joining a tour led by a licensed guide.
Read more info about shiretoko goko lakes.
20th APR - 30th SEP