Shiretoko GOKO Lakes Snowshoe
and Ryuhyo Walking
7:50 - Shiretoko Five lakes snowshoeing
15:15 - Ryuhyo Walking
1st,FEB - 22th,MAR
Persons whose is 12 years old or less may not join this tour.
The minimum amount of running staff is 2 people.
***About Tour Period***
The ice will come during first week on FEB. The possibility that a tour is held by the end of January is very low.
*About Ryuhyo(ICE) walk tour.
Our dry suits is a product for people that more than our 130 centimeters.
So, we can't accept it who less than 130 cm join the Ice walking tour.
We will check the kid's height before the tour. It’s become canceled if kid's height is smaller than 130 cm. And you need to pay for canceling.
1. The tour may be operated under special conditions or cancelled depending on drift ice proximity to the shore.
2. The dry suit is worn over participants' normal clothing and has attached boots. Long pants, a sweater, and fleece jacket are recommended. The dry suit cannot be worn with a skirt, coat or outer jacket. Clothing under the dry suit will stay dry, but the cuffs of clothing may get wet. Wearing a hat is recommended, but note that it may get wet.
*For SHIRETOKO Five lakes tour
1. The tour might be cancelled or discontinued because of the bad weather condition or unexpected accidents.
2. You will walk about 3 hours in snowing forest. Please wear warm clothes. Long pants, a sweater, fleece jacket, and waterproofjacket and pants on top. Woolen gloves, woollen cap, neck warmer, thick socksand sunglasses or goggles to keep you from cold.
*For both tours
3. Please refrain from consuming alcohol immediately before the tour, and refrain from consuming alcohol, smoking during the tour.
4. Pregnant women may not join this tour.
5. Please refrain from using cell phones during the walk.
6. About morning tour. Accommodation for the night prior to this tour must be a hotel in the Utoro area. Participants will be picked up from their hotel 10 to 15 minutes prior to the tour. Pick-up service is handled by Shiretoko Naturalist's Association.